The energy of the moon is feminine, watery, and soft. Our emotions, also tied up in the water element, can be influenced by the energy of the moon. During the new moon, you may feel more peaceful and calm, more willing to spend time quiet and alone, and more inwardly pensive.
A new moon is all about the pause just before a new beginning. It is a sacred time, and you can harness it’s power by answering the call to go inward, spend time reflecting, and consider what you would like to manifest in this new cycle in your own life.
Here are some steps you can take to perform a New Moon Ritual of your own, to tap into your potential for clarity and growth.
1) Clear your energy. You can ring a bell or burn some sage, take a shower / salt bath, or simply use prayer and intention.
2) Create a sacred space. If you already have a place where you like to mediate, this is perfect. Make sure your space is clean and clutter free. You can surround yourself with things that help you to feel more connected to spirit, such as a crystal, a flower, or some candles. You can even include a poem or book that inspires you. Most importantly, have a pen and paper ready.
3) Meditate in your sacred space for 5 minutes, or do something else that calms and centers you. A few deep breaths, a prayer, or just sit with one hand on your heart and one on your belly.
4) Once you feel calm and at ease, put your pen to paper and write without judgement. The “without judgement” part is important. First, write what you’d like to release. What would you like to leave behind as you enter a new cycle? What isn’t serving you? Then, hold your “release” paper and express gratitude for the lessons that it taught you. Finally, say GOODBYE. You can trash it, burn it, etc.
5) On another piece of paper, write down (again without judgement) What do you want to invite into your life? What do you want to manifest? Don’t worry about HOW you will manifest it, just write what you WANT. How would you like to feel? What would you like to accomplish? How would you like to act?
6) Express gratitude for the process, and gratitude for guidance in manifesting your desires.